May 30, 2011

seedling

i'm on my way to the trees
the sea
and wind

and to think that i can even state this
without reason
is such a thought

because it implies my separation

which is unnatural

i yearn to discover if the trees
can hear my thoughts
and share my feelings
because they are so still

and in stillness comes clarity

perhaps they may bend to my inner experience
or in fact
i may bend to theirs

yet
if anything
i would be grateful to feel at least for
a moment
that i can tune in to the pulse of the earth
and the universe
and sever my deep involvement with civilization

so i may appreciate all that is around me
and begin to identify with the idea of

us

we

as not a coexistence of me or i and the beauty
of this world
but instead
a singular i
as in i am the world and the world is i

No comments: