August 30, 2013

"chin" my sister

how do you thank someone who gave you a lifetime of unconditional love
properly
perhaps you live in the manner and colors that honor their love

thanks for cooking breakfast for me when i was a young adolescent mess
that fried rice was unstoppable
and as a great enthusiast you looked into how i grew and in every centimeter
and spoke your honest mind assertively
and cried when you caught me that time i first got drunk
       because you saw an innocent good kid who tripped and fell
but that's love

you chauffeured this lazy bombastic mess of a kid
all around town for my school project that i cared nothing for
and took some head lumps because you were the best protector

you always called me your favorite

and as a team, you dragged me a long to drop off your boyfriend
and it was supposed to suck but it was cool and i felt a little cool
learning about that bobby brown feeling and that early 90's hip hop era
and the first glimpse into the true power of subculture

what you liked i wanted to like too

a few times i remember you appointing the cool basketball players
and somehow you had me all about latrell sprewell

you liked putting me in the spotlight
and busting my chops but i always knew it was out of play
because i think we are both people that bust chops
and you always laughed though mine were soft and cheap

No comments: