July 29, 2005

itemized love in the face of lonliness

I want to delete the pain stains on my secret journal
With a huge eraser and
Paint the pages with the color of your cheeks blushing
When you catch me staring at you.
I want to memorize the curves of your body
And use them as a guide to stroke my brush
When I paint cumulous clouds.
I want to form a pretzel with you
And listen to the band from both our chests
Like two sighs repeating in every breath
Like a heart-beat syncopation between
My three beats to your measure
Because nothing measures
To the way my heart beats around you.
I want to trade dreams with you,
Watching night and day passing so fast
That the moon and sun
Knock into each other like marbels.

2 comments:

DayDreamer said...

You're writing is raw and imaginitive, scathing and entertaining. Outstanding work.

Penguinaut said...

I am but a mere vessel of a soul wandering longer than it should. Your writing is inspiring.