May 18, 2008

It's all about Naan and coconut curry

Today took my car to the doctor and had some free time to cash in so i skipped to the park...people don't know how to react when they see someone skipping and if i saw someone skipping i would sing a line in a song to the beat of the feet. When i got to the park i placed my body under a tree and faced this massive human-made fountain. I tried reading a book but this pair of ducks started sauntering at me and we stared at each other for a while. They took waddle after waddle and came within less than one foot of me i thought i might have been chilling in their spot or something because they looked like they had some business with me. Instead they just waddled around me in circles. Circle after circle I attempted to decode their communication style but i couldn't get it. They waddled away and they were boyfriend and girlfriend.

i don't know what the duck's primary skill is. They aren't really professional anythings. Are they muses? Or jesters? I couldn't figure it out. I thought all animals had primary skills. Like the hummingbird has professional stealth skills and they can maneuver in linear fashions that look sick as fuck. Actually i guess the duck has social skills. I bet ducks are smooth operators and can woo other ducks into joining their clubs.

This made me think about innate skills in humans. I think that when humans are built, there's this lottery they unconsciously play and they end up with a miscellaneous primary skill, one's that'll never be improved if others impose on them. For example, I was a siiick ass prodigy pianist when i was 6 years alive. I like skipped a couple learning levels and starting playing classics by ear at recitals with adults. Then I stopped going to class because my teacher was this ancient chinese pro who learned and taught the ancient way...she hit my hands with a ruler when i fucked up and she was crazy! I guess that's why my mom plucked me out, she thought I was being abused or something. She couldn't teach me. I got it naturally man...like if you look at an ear of corn or a mango you already know how to cope with it, you eat around the soul. This whole lesson's like this old chinese proverb that I heard Amy Tan spit one time, how you can't save a fish from drowning because well, it will die if you do.

Also at the park was this fogey who was running around the fountain and he was a sensation because his feet were faster than his body...like this bloke was top-heavy the way roadrunner is about to blitz and his upper body stays put as his feet jam out. It was boss. I was sure he was tipping over backwards.

Unrelated is something a friend told me, how there's this cartoon about a guy who was a badass thief...he stole the Eiffel Tower using four balloons Holy shit!!!! I wish something amazing like that happened once in a while...proving the impossible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

age of proximal development my friend.
some aptitudes must be stronger than others but if you tap into something before you turn 12, you're a golden concert pianist, or, as more proven, you speak 2+ languages.